We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our team, working across a range of projects and clients; and contributing to our business development. The successful applicant will be at an Account Director/Senior Account Director or Associate Director level.
iNHouse Communications is an award-winning political communications consultancy founded in 2006 by former broadcast journalist Jo Tanner and Chair Katie Perrior, who served as Downing Street Director of Communications from 2016-2017.
We are known across the communications industry for our innovative, politically-savvy campaigns, which have resulted in government U-turns, measurable shifts in public opinion, and demonstrable growth of our clients’ engagement with high-level decision makers across government.
- Manage a diverse and stimulating range of client relationships – delivering intelligent informed counsel and communications solutions.
- Strategically planning and managing both UK and global PR/PA activity and events for a portfolio of clients. and being the main point of contact for your clients – managing issues, client teams, opportunities, budgets and organic growth of the business.
- Presenting and pitching for new business with regular enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
- Maintaining a high awareness of issues and trends in client markets.
- Maintaining a strong network of contacts across corporate, political and the media – actively working to further your own network and expand your thinking and knowledge on a variety of subjects.
- An understanding and familiarity with digital platforms/social media that will benefit clients.
- A proven track record in original creative campaign ideas and execution for clients. Regular contributions to the creative process both in business development and adding value to client work.
- Line management of staff as required; also supporting the professional development of members of staff.
- Drafting and supporting colleagues in the drafting of communications materials ranging from press releases for inquiry and consultation evidence submissions.
This is a largely office-based role, which will include time in meetings with clients and stakeholders, and will suit an ambitious and organised candidate willing to assume responsibilities and develop within an exciting and expanding team. Working hours will be standard office hours, from Monday to Friday; with some out of hours requirements based on client deadlines and projects. The successful candidate will also be expected to support our annual party conference activity which, along with other projects, will require overnight stays and UK travel.
Salary and employment terms
- Salary depending on experience.
- Expenses account.
- 25-days holiday per year.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Laptop, mobile, private healthcare – everything you need to do a great job.
- 4/5 years previous role in PR/Public Affairs.
- Excellent written English.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good IT skills, with proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent organisation, demonstrable efficiency and attention to detail.
- An outgoing personality with the personal skills required to make new contacts, network effectively and manage/communicate with clients.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work flexibly across a number of projects, adhering to often tight deadlines.
- Ability to write – whether its press releases or opinion pieces for newspapers. Evidence will be required.
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of working with clients on our growth subjects (see previous).
- A knowledge and interest in UK politics and Parliament with a range of contacts.
- A good network amongst journalists with an ability to place stories.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email to email@example.com.