iNHouse Communications is a full-service integrated communications agency. We are in a period of strong growth and have recently moved into new offices in the heart of Westminster. We are a talented and dynamic team, and we pride ourselves on the quality of the work we do and our range of clients, including Google, YouTube, Diageo, Openreach, to name a few.
Due to the success of our events business we are now looking for an Events Assistant to provide essential administrative support to the Head of Events and External Affairs. This a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience in the world of event planning.
The right candidate will assist with the planning, organisation, and delivery of a wide range of events, both in our office in Westminster and at external locations. You will need a positive, can do attitude, and be able to flex your approach and make decisions at speed when required. You will perform well under pressure and possess great attention to detail.
- Assist in all tasks involved with planning and coordinating of various events, including the iNHouse Lounge at political party conference, large-scale events, receptions, report launches, and projects for clients and iNHouse.
- Manage the administration involved with event logistics, including contract support, catering, audiovisual requirements, venue booking and other operations.
- Monitor and track event budgets and financial records, under the management of Head of Events and External Affairs
- Liaise with clients and the iNHouse team about events and their planning.
- Support the creation and distribution of event invitations, agendas, and marketing materials.
- Assist in coordinating event registrations, including managing RSVP lists and attendee communications.
- Provide on-site, live event support, ensuring the smooth running of our events with the Head of Events and External Affairs or other event lead.
- Experience in event planning and organising or supporting events in a workplace or voluntary role.
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines. Ability to react quickly and creatively to solve problems.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in managing event logistics, budgets, and administrative tasks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including drafting professional emails and event materials.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to confidently use PowerPoint, Word and Excel to quickly pick up new programmes.
- Flexibility to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends, as required by event schedules.
- An interest and understanding in the political landscape is desirable.
What we offer
- Competitive salary (according to experience)
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Pension contributions.
- Team activities such as monthly book club, regular socialising with and without clients and monthly lunch & learns with external speakers.
- An active social calendar and encouragement of networking during and out of office hours.
This position is a six-month fixed contract, but there may be potential to extend for the right applicant.
To apply, please submit your cv and cover letter to Letitia@inhouse.london. Please include “Events Assistant application” in the subject line of your email. The application deadline is 24th July 2023