iNHouse Communications is a full-service integrated communications agency. We are in a period of strong growth and have recently moved into new offices in the heart of Westminster. We are a talented and dynamic team, and we pride ourselves on the work we do and the quality of our clients, including Google, YouTube, Diageo, Openreach, Food and Drink Federation, to name a few.
Best known for our political connectivity, we work across public affairs and public relations in order to deliver for our clients – often producing award winning results. As an Account Manager, working alongside iNHouse Communications’ senior team, you will be in charge of overseeing the smooth running of our campaigns and client accounts. From helping manage the day to day client activities to new business presentations and clients reports, this role is for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who can make themselves invaluable to the company. There is plenty of opportunity to grow. Salary dependant on experience, with bonus structure, private healthcare, laptop and phone.
This role has lots of variety and requires some serious multi-tasking, such as:
- Managing a portfolio of accounts in conjunction with the senior team
- Helping win new businesses, from new leads, to proposals, to pitches
- Maintaining good relationships with clients: attend and chair client meetings where required
- Identifying events that are right for your clients and helping the Head of Events manage those: from roundtables, to networking events
- Building and maintaining relationships with journalists through face-to-face meetings, attendance at networking events and via email/telephone
- Researching news angles and writing press releases and other communication – this requires you to understand the media landscape and have an interest in stories where your clients could appear
- Turning data-heavy information into digestible press releases and opinion pieces
- Having excellent client management, from drawing up a strategy to overseeing the execution of successful campaigns via an activity grid – delivered through client reporting such as weekly status updates
- Managing team members and ensuring that deadlines are set and not missed (this could be using collaborative software like Microsoft Teams), to deliver for our clients
- Fully participating, and leading where required, in brainstorming/ideas sessions held by the agency for both existing and prospective new clients
- Assisting with online PR and social media marketing campaigns by generating ideas and working with our Digital team to hit KPIs
- Contribute to online blogs for iNHouse
- Line manage more junior staff
This is largely an office-based role, however we are currently trialling hybrid working and have optional work from home 2 days a week. You might spend some time visiting clients and occasionally your role will require you to stay overnight, for example during the busy party conference season.
Candidate Requirements – Skills and Competencies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (we are open minded as to what equivalent is…)
- Experience of Account handling, either at Senior Account Executive or Account Management level, or the equivalent in-house experience of managing projects
- Experience of working in a PA or PR role or a demonstration of how communications has been vital to a previous work environment especially within a political sphere
- Experience managing journalists when aiming to place stories
- Interest in specialist subject areas are useful to us and we would love to hear more!
- Good knowledge of and interest in UK politics and the media
- An interest in social networking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Organised and efficient with experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at once
- An outgoing personality with the personal skills required to make new contacts, network effectively and be good at representing our clients
- A flexible attitude and willingness to work across a number of different projects simultaneously
- Team player with a can-do attitude.
Please sent CV and covering letter to email@example.com